HSNi CEO to Chair National Retail Federation
January 17, 2017,
NEW YORK, January 17, 2017 – The National Retail Federation today announced that HSNi CEO Mindy Grossman has been elected chairman of the NRF Board of Directors , succeeding Kip Tindell, co-founder and chairman of The Container Store. In addition, seven new members have been elected to the board, and Neiman Marcus Group President and CEO Karen Katz has been named chair of the NRF Foundation .
“As the leader of a company that has pioneered the new frontiers of retail, Mindy Grossman represents the future of our industry but also understands and values its roots,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “Along with our new board members, she is the right leader at the right time as retail continues to evolve, innovate and meet new challenges both in the business world and the public policy arena.”
“Retail has always been a rapidly evolving business and that has never been more true than today,” Grossman said. “NRF is a vital organization for tapping into the best and brightest ideas and then disseminating that thought leadership throughout the industry. These are exciting times to be in retail and I look forward to serving the industry in this new role.”
“Karen Katz has a deep commitment to the mission of the NRF Foundation and its focus on retail careers,” Shay said. “Her leadership will be a vital factor as the foundation works to shine a spotlight on the wide range of exciting professional careers available in retail and to prepare young people to enter this dynamic industry.”
“Retail is one of the best places to work whether you’re looking for a part-time job or a lifelong career,” Katz said. “The NRF Foundation is working hard to make sure everyone from college students to Congress knows about the range of opportunities available in our industry and I’m excited to be a part of that.”
New members of the board include:
- North Carolina Retail Merchants Association President and CEO Andy Ellen eBags
- Co-Founder and Executive Vice President Peter Cobb
- Westfield Retail Solutions President Don Kingsborough
- Google Inc. Vice President of U.S. Sales John McAteer
- IBM Vice President and General Manager-Global Consumer Industry Steve McLaughlin
- Ashley Stewart Inc. Executive Chairman and CEO James Rhee
- Deloitte Consulting LLP Vice Chairman-U.S. Retail and Distribution Leader Rodney Sides <
Other Articles By Author
HFN Launches Interactive Idea Book
HFN's DIGITAL EDITION
COVER STORY: HFN Turns 90
We commemorate HFN's 90th anniversary by paying tribute to the iconic retailer and supplier brands--and the people--that have helped the industry flourish, then and now.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- Up & Coming Leaders - The home industry is in capable and visionary hands as this year’s 40 Under 40 list attests. Today’s young leaders span all disciplines and varied levels of operation.
- Omnichannel Retailing - In the Mobile App World, Time is Money