Ikea Debuts Gift Registry That Includes Housewares
February 15, 2017,
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa.-Ikea has launched a new gift registry that includes offerings in the cookware, cutlery, storage and kitchen tool categories.
The web page for the Ikea Gift Registry
The registry allows shoppers “to create and fulfill wish lists for weddings, baby showers, housewarmings, back to college or any other special occasion,” the retailer said in a statement. Other categories covered by the registry include bedding, bath products, decorative accessories and tabletop.
“A gift registry has been on our customers’ wish list for years,” said Ashley Wahl, Ikea Gift Registry project leader and customer relationship management specialist. “We’re thrilled to be able to now offer them this service and to play a small part in helping people celebrate special moments in each other’s lives.”
• Download the Ikea Gift Registry app (available for both Android and iOS phones; customers can text “Registry” to 62345 to receive link to download).
• Visit the Ikea Gift Registry website (ikea-usa.com/registry).
• Go to an Ikea store and use the Ikea Gift Registry kiosk.
When in a store, a shopper can use the app to scan product bar codes, manually enter article numbers or capture and add entire room settings (multiple products) using the “snap photo” function. The latter also allows shoppers to add Ikea services to the purchase.
On the Ikea Gift Registry website, shoppers can add products by entering their article numbers or by searching and choosing from a categorized product list. They can also select product suggestions from the inspiration section, in which the website features gift ideas for any occasion, from weddings to baby basics to new home needs. Additionally, users can add items to their list directly from the Ikea website product pages.
Once completed, the registry list can be shared with others by way of a text message or email, or through social media. Shoppers can manage their registries online or with their mobile device, and can follow what friends and family have purchased, read messages from others and send thank-you notes.
To celebrate the new registry, Ikea is offering the chance for three registry entrants to win a $1,000 Ikea gift card. To enter, customers must create an Ikea registry between now and May 31. No purchase is necessary.
Other Articles By Author
Retailers Share Why They Attended HFN’s Omnichannel Summit
HFN's DIGITAL EDITION
One Kings Lane Flashes Forward
Formerly a flash-sale only website, One Kings Lane—now under the ownership of Bed Bath & Beyond—evolves into a lifestyle retailer with a new physical presence.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- HFN Tech & Omnichannel Study- Although e-commerce shopping is increasing dramatically among consumers, home retailers lag in their current and future tech investments and implementation.
- Market Previews: High Point & Tabletop- The newest collections and influencer trends emerge in our High Point Market and N.Y. Tabletop Show special sections.