Interior Home + Design Center Phase One Grand Opening Details Announced
April 24, 2017,
DALLAS – Dallas Market Center, the largest open-daily interior design resource in the country, has announced details for the grand opening of phase one of its Interior Home + Design Center. The 220,000 square foot marketplace serving interior designers and retailers will open its first phase on June 21 on the inaugural day of the Total Home & Gift Market (June 21-27). To celebrate, Dallas Market Center is creating a series of events to showcase the new center and to inspire guests, including an opening evening reception, day of education, celebrity designer panel, and an interactive smart home exhibit.
On Wednesday, June 21, Dallas Market Center and title sponsor ELLE DECOR present a grand opening reception beginning at 5:30 p.m. Invited guests will enjoy music, light bites, a dessert bar, signature cocktail and champagne. Individual showrooms inside the Interior Home + Design Center will also hold special events taking place creating a progressive party throughout the marketplace.
Opening on Wednesday, June 21, and available for review throughout market will be a pop-up, interactive exhibit of innovative products and home technology courtesy of Cur8. The exhibit in 1F446 will showcase tomorrow’s design—smart, healthy, socially responsible products brought together by Cur8 for retailers and interior designers. The cur8.com marketplace will debut online this summer as a comprehensive destination for “what’s next” in design.
• A 10:00 a.m. podcast recording session and live video social media broadcast from award winning designer, author and podcast host of Million Dollar Decorating, James Swan, who will interview special guest Greg O’Neal. Greg is the Chief Collaboration Officer for Cur8, a business co-op bringing smart design, healthy design, and environmental + socially responsible design products directly to the interior design marketplace.
• James Swan will also moderate a special panel of celebrity interior design experts. “Three Divas of Design” will include Michelle Nussbaumer, Nancy Price, and Robin Baron.
• Robin Baron is a New York City-based interior designer, lifestyle expert and home furnishings designer often seen across media as an expert in the stylish art of living. Her eponymous home furnishings collection is debuting in the Interior Home + Design Center.
• Nancy Price is the elegant and forward-thinking owner of a Jackson, Mississippi-based design firm. Her design business and showroom provide clients with careful counsel for design projects as well as curated art, lighting, antiques, custom furniture and jewelry.
• Michelle Nussbaumer is the creative force behind a global design business as well as a celebrated Dallas retail destination, Ceylon et Cie. She is celebrated for her impeccable style, discerning eye, and her depth of knowledge of style history and design. Following the program Michelle Nussbaumer will sign copies of her new book Wanderlust: Interiors That Bring the World Home, which features dramatically lush interiors from around the globe.
“We are thrilled to announce our grand opening event details that are reflective of the style, quality and innovation of our exhibitors and the home décor industry,” said Cindy Morris, president and CEO of Dallas Market Center. “The customers served by the Interior Home + Design Center will include the leading retailers and interior designers across the U.S., and we look forward to presenting phase one to these special guests.”
The Interior Home + Design Center includes showrooms from many of the most respected home décor companies in the U.S. including Phillips Collection; Palecek; Visual Comfort; Ralph Lauren Home; Bliss Studio; Dessau Home; Emissary; in2green; Shadow Catchers; Ambella Home Collection; ZUO; Ratana Casual Furnishings; Lawrence & Crane; Wish Designs; Ella Home; Spicher & Company; Ashore; Botanical Mix; Robin Baron Design; Cari Davis; United Mills; A Touch of Silk; Cloud 9 Comforts; Zuhaus; Lacefield Designs; and Taylors, a leading agency of luxury lighting and home décor.
The visionary project, redeveloping the first floor of an iconic, mid-century building, represents the largest expansion of home décor showrooms in Dallas in more than forty years.
The Interior Home + Design Center is the centerpiece of a long-range strategic initiative to provide enhanced value to home décor companies by serving market-time attendees as well as the growing number of customers conducting business at Dallas Market Center each week. Showrooms across the 5 million square foot campus, which also includes the Trade Mart and World Trade Center, currently serve a discerning design community actively seeking new resources for residential and commercial projects across the Central U.S. and Latin America. In addition, Dallas Market Center hosts a full calendar of design events throughout the year in partnership with organizations including ASID (American Society of Interior Design), TAID (Texas Association of Interior Design), and the Interior Design Society, which held their national conference at Dallas Market Center in April 2016. For 2017, Dallas Market Center will host 20 design events, the largest of which welcomes more than 600 interior designers.
Originally opened in 1957 as the first building on the Dallas Market Center campus, the re-imagined Interior Home + Design Center will re-open on June 21, 2017 after a multi-million dollar renovation. While staying true to the building’s mid-century design, the updated space will feature a curated collection of state-of-the-art, open-daily showrooms from leading home décor companies serving an active interior design community as well as the seasonal markets drawing tens of thousands of loyal retailers from all 50 states and around the world. The transformed building will offer showrooms with individual exterior entrances, large exterior windows allowing in natural light, and hundreds of front-row parking spaces and valet service—all completely focused on the needs of time-sensitive interior designers and their discerning clientele.
Other Articles By Author
HFN Launches Interactive Idea Book
HFN's DIGITAL EDITION
COVER STORY: HFN Turns 90
We commemorate HFN's 90th anniversary by paying tribute to the iconic retailer and supplier brands--and the people--that have helped the industry flourish, then and now.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- Up & Coming Leaders - The home industry is in capable and visionary hands as this year’s 40 Under 40 list attests. Today’s young leaders span all disciplines and varied levels of operation.
- Omnichannel Retailing - In the Mobile App World, Time is Money