The 29th Annual ARTS Awards Nomination Panel Announced
August 2, 2017,
DALLAS – Dallas Market Center and ART, the creative home furnishings network, today announced the members of the 29th Annual ARTS Awards Nomination Panel, a group of independent industry professionals who evaluate the hundreds of nomination entrees submitted online. The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to home industry excellence and achievement in retailing, manufacturing, design, and sales representation. The results from the nomination committee will be the list of ARTS Awards finalists, who will then submit materials for judging in the fall.
The 29th Annual ARTS Awards Nomination Panel members are:
• Andrea Lillo, Senior Editor, HFN: Andrea covers area rugs, furniture, lighting, home décor, and houseware for one of the leading home industry trade publications.
• Connie Lineberry, Founder/CEO, Connie Lineberry & Associates: With over 35 years of experience in publishing, marketing, and business management, Connie Lineberry is a business consultant with specialized knowledge in the home furnishings and gift industries. Connie was awarded the Legendary Leadership Award at last year’s 28th Annual ARTS Awards.
• Josh Jarboe, National Sales Director, Global Views: Josh oversees and leads the company’s sales team to achieve sustainable growth in all markets. • Katy Olson, Executive Editor, Editor at Large: Editor at Large is a leading home décor publication targeting interior designers. Katy has an extensive background in writing and editing for the home and lifestyle industries, having worked for Hearst Corporation, People Magazine's People.com, and Work Style.
• Linda Longo, Editorial Director, enLIGHTenment: Linda is the Editorial Director for Bravo Business Media, which includes enlightenment magazine. She leads the editorial team that provides relevant content for the company. An award-winning journalist with 25+ years of experience, she specializes in reporting on lighting, home décor, and interior design.
• Mark McMenamin, Senior Editor, Interior Design magazine: Mark has covered various sectors of the furnishing and design industries for more than 25 years, previously as senior editor for fashion and trends at Condé Nast’s InFurniture magazine.
• Michael DiPaulo, Owner, Homefest: Michael DiPaulo, along with his wife Lindy, own leading retailer Homefest just outside of Denver, Colorado where they specialize in the best in gifts, decorative accessories, permanent floral designs, and home fragrance.
• Nicole Bowling, Editor-in-Chief, Lighting & Decor: Nicole directs the content for one of the premier lighting industry publications. Prior to her position with Lighting & Décor, she was the editor-in-chief of Lighting & Décor’s previous publications, Residential Lighting and Home Fashion Forecast.
• Paulette Pearson, Homes Editor of Texas, Luxe Interiors + Design: Paulette covers the industry’s top leaders and designs. She holds both a law degree and a Master of Arts in journalism.
• Susan Dickenson, Editor-in-Chief, Home Accents Today: Susan has spent more than a decade covering topics such as manufacturing, retail, and interior design segments of the home furnishings industry on behalf of Home Accents Today.
The ARTS Awards, presented each January during the Dallas Total Home & Gift Market, recognizes top manufacturers, retailers, designers, and sales representatives from across the world. The 29th ARTS Awards winners will be revealed during a gala event on Friday, January 19, 2018. Keep up-to-date on all ARTS Awards information by visiting dallasmarketcenter.com/artsawards. To make plans for upcoming markets, visit the Dallas Market Center website and download the Dallas Market Center App. Keep up-to-date on all information by visiting Dallas Market Center on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Snapchat, and the DMC Daily Dose.
About Dallas Market Center
Dallas Market Center is a global business-to-business trade center and the leading wholesale marketplace in North America connecting retailers and interior designers with top manufacturers in home décor, furniture, gift, lighting, and fashion. Inside its dynamic, five million square foot campus near downtown Dallas, nearly 200,000 customers from all 50 states and 85 countries seek industry trends, business education and new products via open-daily showrooms and from exhibitors participating in trade events held throughout the year. The Dallas Market Center website is available at dallasmarketcenter.com.
ART is the creative home furnishings network representing manufacturers, retailers, representatives and other individuals and companies interested in promoting and enhancing the market position of the home furnishings industry. Each year ART sponsors programs such as the ART conference, regional educational seminars, the ART card and the ARTS Awards. The ART website is available at accessoriesresourceteam.org.
About the ARTS Awards
The ARTS Awards is the premier international awards program dedicated to the home industry. Up to 28 categories exist under the headings Manufacturer, Retailer, Product Designer, Interior Designer, Sales Representative, Green, and other specialty honors. Anyone in the industry can nominate including manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives, designers, suppliers, consultants, and other industry officials. Companies that have won an ARTS Award five times are inducted into the Hall of Fame. Current Hall of Fame members are: Arteriors Home, Beatriz Ball, BJ’s Home Accents, C.S. Wo & Sons, Distinctive Designs International Inc., Feizy Rugs, Fine Art Lamps, Global Views, Montaage, Natural Decorations Inc., Palecek, Paragon, Robb & Stucky, Schonbek Worldwide Lighting, and Seasonal Living.
Other Articles By Author
Patti Carpenter Talks Color and its Importance in the Home
HFN's DIGITAL EDITION
COVER STORY: Sharpening the Focus on Millennials
Find out what makes Millennials tick when it comes to home decorating, shopping and at-home entertaining with HFN's annual consumer study. Turns out, Millennials favor the in-store shopping experience.
ALSO IN THIS ISSUE:
- Power of the People - Crowdfunding campaigns provide needed capital, feedback for home and housewares product launches.
- Omnichannel Retailing: Visual Search Takes Off - Learn how voice and visual search are revolutionizing product discovery.