Godinger to Open Forty One Madison Showroom

41MadisonNEW YORK-The Godinger Group has signed a long-term lease with New York permanent showroom building Forty One Madison, where it will occupy roughly 13,000 square feet on the 27th floor.

About 70 percent of the showroom will be used by Godinger and the remaining 30 percent will be filled by Home Essentials. Forty One Madison is adding additional showroom space to the building, which also houses office tenants, to accommodate Godinger, according to Laurie Burns, director. The prior office space is being converted to a showroom and will be ready for a soft opening in January and a more grand opening in April during the spring Tabletop Show. Burns told HFN she was thrilled to welcome "two leaders in tabletop and housewares."

"The dedication of an additional entire floor to the Tabletop Market reflects [Forty One Madison owner] the Rudin family's continued dedication to this industry," Burns said. "The Godinger family's commitment is equally as strong with the signature of a long-term lease for the entire 27th floor. I am extremely pleased to welcome to Forty One Madison both The Godinger Group, which includes Ricci, plus Home Essentials. The space these core brands are creating and that will be ready for a grand opening at the April Tabletop Show, is going to wow all who visit, and buyers will find it tremendously convenient to shop these important resources year round."

Godinger is a destination for many different types of retail buyers, many of whom already shop at Forty One Madison, according to Steven Block, Godinger's vice president of sales. So it made sense to move to the building, he said. Godinger has had showroom space at 7 W New York. "We look forward to being there. We think it's the right choice at the right time."--Allison Zisko


  • Video: Color Comes on Strong at High Point Market

    Camera Icon   More Videos